Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Brief introduction to this blog: I intend to blog what I find out about Tajik vocabulary, range of meaning of words, grammar, usage, etc.

The postings are not going to be added in any logical order: I will just add information as I glean it, typically during my weekly language lesson.

I will specify sources, i.e. which person (typically a native speaker) gave me each piece of information, but in most cases I will do this with a number rather than the person’s initials. This is because of my first language teacher’s experience: when he put up a similar blog, he found that respondents were arguing with one another in their comments. In the end he took the blog down. By using numbers, I hope to make any discussions less personal!

Tajik text is in black, English in green.

Happy Tajik learning!

FL, 04 November 2008

No comments: